While March 2, 2017, the first Affordable Care Act filing deadline has come and gone for employers filing 1095 forms electronically with the IRS, the next ACA reporting deadline of March 31 for 1094 forms still looms ahead. Employers filing paper Forms 1094-B, 1095-B, 1094-C, or 1095-C were due to IRS on February 28, 2017.
Preparing 1094 Forms for Deadline
If you missed the March 2 deadline for electronic 1095s, you may still be dealing with corrections while you are still trying to prepare for 1094 filings. If you are planning to file your 1095 forms late and electronically, you may still need to be prepared to deal with corrections depending on your ACA solution, which can delay you meeting the March 31 deadline for 1094s.
If you have an XML document generated by your HRIS, you may be a candidate to e-file directly with the IRS using ACA-Track™.
ACA-Track’s XML E-file gives you the ability to do the following:
- Transmit electronically to the IRS using our Transmitter Control Code (TCC). (All employers must submit using a current TCC. If you don’t have one already, believe us, it is too late to get one now.)
- Modify your data as necessary prior to IRS submission.
- See errors from the IRS in real time.
- Correct errors and resubmit to the IRS quickly and easily.
IRS Corrections Made Easy
The PSST ACA-Track process for E-Filings with XML allows us to read your XML file before its goes to the IRS. With ACA-Track’s XML E-file solution, if an error is detected after submitting to the IRS, error notifications are sent directly to employers. This is particularly useful as it quickly identifies in “English” each error. Errors that often occur include:
- Lowest cost share was not included and is required
- Invalid social security numbers
For more information about how ACA-Track may help with your IRS ACA filings, click here. Or call PSST 1.800.488.7395.